Mercury Racing Outboard parts
- Horsepower @ Prop60
- kW @ Prop44.1
- Maximum RPM (WOT)5500-6000
- Cylinder/Configuration4 (in-line)
- Displacement (CID/cc)60.8/995
- Bore & Stroke (in)2.56 x 2.95
- Bore & Stroke (mm)65 x 75
- Soothing SystemWater-cooled w/thermostat
- Ignition SystemECM 555 Digital Inductive
- StartingElectric (Turn key)
- Gear Ratio1.83:1
- Equipment ShiftF-N-R
- Alternator (amp/watt)18/223
- Trim SystemPower trim
- Exhaust SystemThrough prop
- Lubrication SystemIntegrated Wet Sump
- Fuel / Ethanol Tolerance87 Octane / to 10per cent
- Advised OilMercury Racing 4-Stroke Oil
- Gasoline Induction System2-Valve per Cylinder, Single Overhead Cam (SOHC)
- Shaft Length (in/mm)15/381
- Dry body weight (lbs/kg)247/112
- Operator Warning SystemSmartCraft System Guardian
- Readily available PropellersContact Mercury Racing
The series, featuring one-design 14-foot tunnel battle boats powered by a production Mercury 60 EFI 4-Stroke outboard, ended up being originated by Brunswick Aquatic Sweden and their particular dealer Mikael Frodé.
Although race is basically exempt from emissions laws, event promoters are beginning to understand that they must produce brand-new courses and/or upgrade present boats with emissions certified energy. The 60 EFI FormulaRace provides racers and promoters with an affordable contemporary engine that is in addition environmentally accountable. Racing communities throughout Germany, Poland, China and also the center East have actually expressed fascination with the Mercury FormulaFour show.
The 60 EFI FormulaRace features a production 60 h.p. four-cylinder powerhead installed on a brief (15″ – 381 mm) shaft, die-cast mid part with race-inspired solid upper and lower supports. Power is used in water through the production 1.83:1 gearcase. A line of Mercury Racing Lab Finished® metal propellers can be obtained. An accessories kit offered using motor includes competitors steering bars.
The 15″ middle area, five inches faster than a standard (20″- 508 mm) model, lowers the engine’s center of gravity. The lower center of gravity, along with solid engine supports, improves boat management and overall performance.
United states tunnel boat rushing is stagnant when it comes to brand-new entries to the sport. Basic courses presently function antiquated “dirty” OMC 45 & 60 race engines which have been off production consistently. Turn-key, entry-level equipment is non-existent. The American Power Boat Association is working to bring brand new interest in to the recreation of outboard tunnel ship rushing with the launch of a one-design course when it comes to FormulaRace – modeled off the successful Mercury FormulaFour show in European countries.
If you have a question that is maybe not answered within our FAQs or perhaps you need more information, please contact us at the phone numbers listed below.
Mercury Racing Technical Providers Hours
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Outboard & Sterndrive Customer Affairs
(telephone calls might recorded for high quality reasons)
Mercury Racing Item Technical Publications
Provider guides, components guides; procedure, maintenance, and guarantee guides.